The Colorado Education Network is bringing together people and organizations who support public education and that are committed to finding common ground in ensuring it is available to all.
Network members agree:
- Public education is the bedrock of our society, our communities and our democracy.
- Colorado’s future depends on adequate and equitable investment in our public schools and students.
- Because Colorado’s current school finance system provides insufficient and inequitable funding:
- Colorado students do not have adequate and/or equitable access to critical educational opportunities, supports, and individual attention;
- Colorado’s school districts are unable to support a highly professional teaching force, equitably available to all students;
- Unintended inequities among districts continue to grow; and,
- We are not enabling all students to graduate ready for the workforce and/or post-secondary opportunities.
- With students’ futures in the balance, the need to address Colorado’s school funding failures is immediate and urgent.
Network members will:
- Help disseminate information about school funding to its constituents and to other interested organizations.
- Stay informed about, and engaged in, ongoing efforts to improve the adequacy and equity of public education funding in Colorado.